Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Weddings and babies and cupcakes, oh my!

Life is crazy sometimes...this is one of those times.  In the past month, we've had 3 wedding receptions, 1 baby shower, 2 friends that had babies, and 1 friend that got to come home with their adopted daughter.  During that time, I've made two 3-tier wedding cakes, two sheet cakes, countless cookies and over 400 cupcakes. On top of this, it's stinking hot...like record-breaking hot.  And here's a tip for you - cakes don't like heat...at all.  So yeah, life is crazy. 

Mason is going to be 3 years old in just over a week.  3!  I can still remember the day he was born like it was yesterday - every stinking minute of that day...the pain, the irritation, the hilarious nurses, the gross stuff, and the oxygen...oh the oxygen.  I felt completely out of it and in the worst pain of my life all at the same time.  I hope that someday I can forget all that stuff and just remember what came next...the best thing I'd ever done...the sweetest boy with bright red hair - he grabbed my heart and is holding on tight :)  Him...and the chocolate chip cookies that were the first thing I really ate in more than 24 hours...I went from crazy, oxygenated, labor girl to content, exhausted, giddy girl in no time.  I can't believe it was so long ago and I'll never forget those first days with him.  I'm having so much fun planning his party and he's SO very excited about his Elmo cake, he can't stop talking about it!  Happy Birthday to my boy who will always be my baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment