Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

2014 - The Year of Learning Love...

There's this trend that's been going on for a few years now, where people assign a word to the year. This word will encompass what they strive for in the new year and what they hope God will show them and grow in them over the next 12 months. I've avoided the trend simply because I tend to try and do that, but I couldn't get away from it this year...because of what God has been pushing and nudging me - sometimes not so gently- towards learning. So here it is...my "word" for 2014:


LOVE.

I talk about Love a lot. Some people would probably say that I overuse it. But I wouldn't. I'm careful with it...I make sure I think about it before I say it. But I also understand what happens when I hold it back, and I'm not willing to diminish it by NOT saying it.

More than just saying the word, I want God to show me how to LIVE the word this year. I like to let my selfishness get in the way of what real love looks like. I get hurt too often, so I lash out against those that I love in an attempt to protect my already shattered heart. Which is stupid and naive.

Because above all else, I am supposed to be BECOMING more like Love Himself. God is Love. I want to be like Love too.

So that's the goal for this year. Learn to love better. Love myself. Love others. Love God. Become more like Love.

Happy 2014 to all of you. May you find lots of Love in your days this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment