Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Valentines

Valentine's Day! It's a time for romance, sappy cards, chocolates, and kids' Valentine's parties! It was also my last weekday before I start my new job, so I made sure the kids and I got some great one on one time.  Here's a run down of our amazing day, and hints on why I love them all so much :)

I started out the day going to breakfast with my baby girl. She is silly and crazy and when you tell her to smile for the camera, she does things like this (before smiling for real):





She picked Village Inn for our outing and then we made a run to Target to do some browsing, where she picked out gummy bears as her Valentine's candy gift from mommy. We had a blast talking about what she loves the most - princess movies and her friends and she even asked me to hold her hand the whole way through the store, which is a rare occurrence. This girl knows how to melt my heart. 

After dropping her off with the sitter, I headed to big brother's school party. This cute kid got to play Heart Bingo with his buds and then celebrate with an insane amount of sugar and balloons. 



I let him pick out which easy Valentine's he wanted off of Pinterest, and he giggled for days over these cereal ones, so we put those together and he had fun passing them out. His Valentine box was a Mason Schafers original and, while he keeps saying his was "the worst", I was SO very proud of that boy for finally letting his creative juices flow and running with his idea to make it look like a computer. 




After his party, I enlisted the boy's help with carrying out one of the last "acts" for my birthday (another post on those soon!). We passed out Valentine's at the senior care facility here in town to spread some love to those who might not get any on this sweet day. The folks just LOVED having M visit them during lunch and he was great at telling them all "Happy Valentine's Day" and letting the little ladies give him some hugs. I just never cease to be amazed at how he loves people so well. Proud mama moment for sure. 




After doing a couple of other fun "acts", we headed to lunch. M picked Cheddars and we had a great lunch date before doing some other shopping and picking up movie tickets for later that night. Mason even dug into his Valentine's Day goodies and we spent a good amount of time discussing how many licks it really does take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop (he got to 20 and got tired of counting - ha!). 


We ended the day by picking up sister and  then heading back into Wichita to meet daddy for dinner and a movie. We saw the Lego Movie and it was really great! Mason immediately asked me when the credits started rolling if we could buy the movie when it comes out on DVD!  The boy knows what he likes for sure!


We had a great day and I am so thankful for getting to spend so much time with these incredible littles over the past month. I love them with all my heart and there was no better way to spend my Valentine's Day than to be loving on them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment