Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

29 Intentional Acts of Kindness

I am LOVING this new tradition with the littles of giving something back on our birthdays and celebrating our ability and calling to love on others!  This is long overdue, but last month I turned 29 and we had a great time celebrating! Here's how my "acts" played out over a couple of weeks...keeping in mind that I'm keeping some anonymous and that a couple of them are actually still ongoing or in the works!


My apologies for the severe lack of pictures this year!  I hated that I didn't document more of these and will try to make sure someone is always with me next year!

1 - I baked a cake and gave it away. This was harder to give away than I thought it would be, but hopefully that pineapple upside down cake was enjoyable!


2 - I baked some goodies for my husband's coworkers to enjoy.

3 - I bought a mama kit in my mama's honor. This one is always a favorite :)

4 - The littles and I spent a little time in the Dillon's parking lot one afternoon collecting & parking carts. I even got to help a couple of sweet ladies put their groceries in their cars.

5 - I donated some clothes to a local organization that needed them.

6 - We took some extra essentials to the YWCA while dropping off some other things.

7-10 - I took some sweets to some very deserving people who took care of a very sweet friend recently and gave them some other items to hopefully make their job a little easier.

11 - I helped some friends out with some writings when they needed a proof reader for a project.

12 - I was blessed to be able to give a friend a chance to get out of the house while I loved on her kiddos.

13 - The kids and I spent a whole day pulling over any time we saw some trash and picking it up. We should really do this all the time, but this was a good way to get it on our radar big time!

14 - I got to send some love to some Ugandan friends in a special way.

15 - R & the littles helped me put together a little "salon kit" for a young girl in the hospital so that she could enjoy some primping on a tough day.

16 - I was able to sit down and write some long overdue letters to some folks who have been a tremendous blessing in my life.



17 - I committed to donate 29 hours of my time this year to causes/organizations that I don't normally give a lot of time to. It's been really fun to be on the look out for these opportunities and I am SO VERY EXCITED about some of my new friends and partners! This is going to be a crazy year of stepping out of my comfort zone and helping some great people do great ministry!

18 - I took donuts to church one Sunday morning and had a blast watching folks enjoy some sugary Krispy Kremes with their morning coffee before Sunday School!  Have I mentioned I love my church family?

19 - I got to give some sweet folks (who give so much of themselves to minister to me and mine) "some of my favorite things" (some goodies from some of my favorite local restaurants & shops).

20 - I was super pumped to take some friends some meals to give them a break!

21 - On a day when it was windy and snowy, I waited (and felt a bit like a creeper) on my way into the store to pick up a couple of things because I saw a mom with young kids getting ready to leave. I know how incredibly crappy it is to have get kids and groceries in and out of the car in that weather and then have to walk the cart back to the stall while they're fidgeting and being impatient, so I waited and told her I'd take care of her cart. She literally started crying when she was thanking me because she said it had been a terribly rough day. I'm so thankful for this one and the couple of minutes I got to spend with this woman!

22 - Mason helped me deliver Valentine's cards to the nursing home here in Mulvane. We got there during lunch, so we walked around the dining area and handed them out. Mason was such a great kid and told all of them "Happy Valentine's Day" and let all the little ladies give him some love. I think this might be one we have to do every year!





23 - Madison and I took some cookies to our neighbors to brighten their day during some dreary weather!
24 - Mason and I taped a bag of popcorn to the redbox machine for someone to enjoy with their movie.


The other 5 are either staying a secret or are big projects that are still in the works!  What a great way to start the last year of my Twenties!  Can't wait for 30 and the blessings that are headed our way!

Now go and do something nice for someone!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment