Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

A new blessing...

Well, this update is WAY past due! Madison Leigh is finally here! After what felt like a forever wait, she arrived on December 18th at 11:12 am. I will post a longer, more detailed delivery story when I have a little more time (and both kids are napping!), but for now I will say that she is perfectly healthy and happy and thriving. Our delivery was a lot easier than Mason's was (though maybe a little more dramatic in some respects!), so recovery seemed a little bit easier and faster. I was so exhausted and down after having Mason (thinking back, I'm pretty sure I had some postpartum depression that I let weigh me down for too long) but feel great this time around! I am enjoying my time at home with both kids and am dreading going back to work! Randal has been working a LOT of overtime now that tax season is in full swing, so I am missing him, but enjoy the evenings after he finally makes it home!

We had a great Christmas this year! Luckily, we were all recovered enough that we got to enjoy get togethers with both of our families, including a trip to Edmond to see my dad's family. Everyone enjoyed getting to hold and meet Madison, and all of us really enjoyed watching Mason open his gifts. He was old enough this year to actually enjoy opening and playing with all of his new toys (and everyone else's!) and he had a lot of fun playing with all of his cousins and other family.

I was a little worried about how he would react to his sister, since he's old enough to act out for attention, but not old enough to understand the need to be gentle or who exactly she is, but he's doing great! He loves to give her kisses (or licks & slobber, whatever!) and enjoys helping out by throwing away her diapers (I wonder how long I can make that seem fun...hmmm...)! He has had to be pulled off a few times when he has been a little too excited, but has overall done a really great job of welcoming his little sister to the world!

That's all for now, I'll post a lot more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment