Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Open Letter Series - Part Seven: To My Siblings

Even though you tortured me, told me I was unwanted, and gave me ridiculous nicknames, I still love you. I hope that even though I tortured you and drove you mad, you still love me too :)



Kelli:

I couldn’t ask for a better big sister.  Although we’ve had our ups and downs (you called me Pepper, I stole your Dean Cain pictures and cut the hair on your Barbie), you’ve always been there for me.  It’s hard being 5 years apart -we’ve always been in completely different stages in our lives.  But I love seeing how our sisterhood has crossed over that gap. We’ve been there to support one another in our triumphs, catch each other when we fall, and hold each other in our heartache. 

Your friendship has meant the world to me.  You didn’t have to be the sister you are.  There was enough of a gap that you could have left home and just let me be.  You didn’t have to let your nerdy sister hang out with you and your college friends, but you did.  You didn’t have to come home for games and activities, but you did.  You didn’t have to be one of my biggest cheerleaders, but you were.  Now, you get to see me every work day and I love that! 

You also brought a great man into the family and I’m so thankful for him.  Ryan treats you like you deserve to be treated. He loves you like you deserve to be loved and I can’t say how much that means to this little sister of yours.

My sister makes awesome paper hats...

Marc: 

What a fabulous big brother you turned out to be! I had my doubts at times…you wouldn’t let me play with your Legos or follow you and your friends around and let’s be honest; we both made some stupid decisions and made the other one suffer quite often.  But you, my dearest brother, have continued to impress me as you’ve grown up. 

What a mature Dr.-man you’ve turned into!  I can always count on you for a good laugh and for good, honest advice.  Although we don’t hang out nearly enough, I love our times together. You’re the thoughtful, fun brother that every girl wants. You’re a hard worker that follows his dreams and we’re all so proud of you for that.  You’re a wonderful man that I’m proud to call my brother!

Also, I'm glad you didn't make it all the way to Africa on your bike that day!

My brother is a smarty pants...And he makes cool t-shirts

I’ve loved watching both of you grow in your faith and shape into the people you are today.  We’ve all helped each other get where we are and I love having you two not only as my siblings, but my friends.

Bonus-you’re a fabulous aunt & uncle to that niece & nephew of yours! You pick out the cutest outfits, you take them out for fun dates, but most of all,you love being around them and make a point to be present.  Thank you for playing such a big part in their lives and mine :)

Cool dude.


Love you both!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment