Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ode to the Bullseye...

I love Target. I mean, I LOVE Target.  I don't know that I could name a single person that I know that doesn't love Target, so this isn't really news.  But I am beginning to believe that we may have a problem on our hands.  I may be spending a little too much time there.  Let me explain...

I usually do my Target run on my lunch breaks.  There is a Super Target near where I work, so I spend my lunch roaming the aisles...picking up family necessities and hunting for good deals.  Seriously - how do they have so much cool stuff that's always on sale?  It's ridiculous...and awesome - all at the same time. Every once in a while though, I take the family with me to the Derby store when I need to go there in the evenings.  Apparently they love Target too.  We have fun there. We could live there. OK, I could - but I'm the mom, so they'd have to move there with me.  

A couple of months ago, Mason told me as I was loading up the kids in the cart that someday, he was going to work at Target.  Now, I realize my 3 year old doesn't understand what he is really saying, but it was darn cute.  I had a good laugh and we had a nice chat about it while I wondered if I would get a family discount. 

I figured that, like most things he tells me, it would end there.  It didn't.  He brings it up occasionally and even started chatting about it with people at church, etc.  The topic comes up pretty regularly and has sparked some pretty hilarious conversations with our friends and family. 

Then, a couple of weeks ago, Randal found something while out for a run...a Target name tag.  The Heavens had opened and our son would finally feel fulfilled in his quest to don the red & khaki.

So tonight at church, the newest Target employee made his debut.  He was so stinking proud of that name tag and was super excited to finally work at Target! 



How cute is this guy?!

Also tonight was a farewell reception for our sweet Children's Minister Courtney.  I'm so very sad that she won't be here as our kids grow up, but so excited to see God's plans for her in the future.  Since she had numerous conversations with Mason about how he was going to work at Target, and we shared lots of laughs about it, I thought tonight was the most fitting time to send him in this new name tag.  Our Target boy gave Courtney a good laugh on a bittersweet night. 


We'll miss you Miss Courtney!

No comments:

Post a Comment