Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chronicles of a Post-Baby Body

I am overweight…there, I said it. Now, it’s not as bad as it could be, but it’s gotten out of hand. And it’s past time to reign it back in. My sister is getting married on the beach in May and I really don’t want to be the one nervous about being out there in my swimsuit or look like “the chubby sister” standing next to my beautiful, size 4 sister when she says I Do. I want to have the energy to chase around after my kids and keep up with my husband. Most of all, I want to be confident again. I miss looking forward to buying cute clothes and not worrying about sucking in when taking a picture. I want to be someone that my husband is proud to be married to and feel comfortable in my own skin like I used to…so here goes!


Here’s the mission: 40 pounds in 13 weeks. Now, I realize that might sound a bit lofty, but the math means that I need to lose around 3 pounds per week. I can do that. I know I can. I’ve started counting my calories again and started working out every morning (5 am is early for Bob Harper’s cheerfulness). I already feel better even though I almost fall over every time I get up to walk away from my desk. I know I’m doing something good for me, and that’s rare. It’s time to take care of myself and make “me” a priority again. They tell you time and time again in those pregnancy and parenting books how important it is that you put yourself first in order to take better care of your kids. I’ve ignored that until now, but I’ve started to realize just how important it is to the kids and to Randal that I take care of me first. Then, I’m in better shape (and a better mood) to take care of them and meet their needs.

This is the most excited I’ve been about something like this in a long while. My thighs burn and I’m sore, but man, it feels good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment