Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Here's the thing...2010 sucked

The good news… It’s not 2010 anymore and that’s great. So here’s to a great 2011! I’m bound and determined that it will be better than last year (it HAS to be) and that this is the year for a new me…


How, you ask? I’m so glad you did  :)

1) Weight (size – period!): Bye-Bye! I’m working out again & watching my calories and seeing results already! My goal is to look great in my Matron of Honor dress at my sister’s wedding, so the race is on!

2) Hair: Bye-Bye! I chopped my hair off about 2 weeks ago. I’m still not totally sure about it, but it just feels good to have some change. I’ll probably end up growing it back out, but for now, I’ve got a short and sassy ‘do!

3) Style: Hello! It’s been a few years since I’ve felt like a cute girl, so I’ve really been slacking in this area. Jeans & a KU shirt are my normal attire outside of work. Accessories have been non-existent, so I’m working hard to correct that. I bought some new jewelry and am trying to use it, but it’s hard to go against what has become my “norm”. I refuse to buy new clothes until that weight falls off, so hopefully that is sooner than later!

4) Inside – Of course, with all of these outward changes, I have to do something for the inside too, right? My confidence has been lagging as badly as my weight over the last few years. Chalk it up to 2 kids, post-partum depression, working full time, and just the every-day stresses of being married with kids. I need a boost. I think the steps above are just what the doctor ordered. I know that if I feel better about the way I look, I will hold my head a little higher. I know that if I can zip on those skinny jeans, I will smile more.

5) Last, but certainly not least – Spirit: 2010 was a rough year spiritually – a lot of tough challenges that make you realize that you’re standing on a shakier foundation than you previously thought. Well, 2011 is a year of building for me. My God brought me through the toughest year of my life and He is urging me to pick up the pieces and live the life He has planned for me, so here it is. I will go as He wills me and do what I know is meant to further His kingdom. I will get involved again and pursue the things that are put on my heart. I’m most excited about where step #5 takes me and to see His plans for this new year.

I blogged a week ago about how I realized that I needed to take care of myself in order to take care of everyone else and that keeps getting thrown in my face in various ways. I can tell that this is a lesson that I need to learn and remember. So there it is, the year of Beth :)

No comments:

Post a Comment