Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

I’m a dweeb and I love it.

I’ve come to the realization over the years that I am a complete dork.  Over the last few years, I’ve fully embraced my dweeby self and have learned that this is a wonderful thing! J Here are a few gems of examples:

1) I recently decided that minivan drivers should have a cool wave like bikers do.  I’m still trying to come up with one that I can incorporate into my upper-body dancing that I do while driving.  Any input is appreciated.

2) I consider time alone in the car to be time only well spent if I belt at least several songs and I enjoy the looks from other drivers while I do my finger dancing on the steering wheel and sometimes throw in some shoulder movement if I'm really feeling it.

3) I can’t accessorize to save my life.

4) I love cookbooks.

5) I would be perfectly happy staying cuddled up on the couch and watching Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart movies all weekend long.

6) I love movies like Spinal Tap.  Did you know that 11/11/11 is Nigel Tufnel day? Crank it up.

7) I dance and sing around the house. The kids think it’s fun now and like to join me.  Wait until they’re older and their friends come over!  This is gonna be good.

8) I use jazz hands and air quotes on a regular basis.

9) I act like a 70 year old woman.  I use words people my age don’t, I know who people are that I shouldn’t, and I am falling apart.

10) I hate being referred to as “ma’am”, but I refer to people one year younger than me as “kids”.

11) I cry at everything – tv shows, reality competitions, commercials, songs, you name it, I have teared up at it.

12) I love excel spreadsheets.

13) I get REALLY excited about really small things…like, can’t sleep, can’t get my mind off of it, excited.

14) I can rarely remember how old I really am.

15) Sometimes, when I’m baking and/or cooking, I like to pretend I’m on a Food Network show…yes, really.

16) I constantly have a song in my head and struggle not to hum all day long (sorry to my coworkers!).

17)  I'm always getting hooked on iPhone strategy and puzzle games, like Drop 7 (my current addiction).

18) I am writing this blog and admitting all of these things. J

1 comment:

  1. 2. Totally agree, I do the same thing.
    3.You can accessorize, you looked cute tonight!
    4. Amen!
    12. Me too, it makes life a bit easier.
    13. You and I both.
    14. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    It's ok to admit these things, you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete