Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Madison's 3rd Birthday!

Madison turned 3 last month and I am still trying to figure out how that already happened! Check out my sweet sassy girl in her new "princess tutu" and sassy boots!


Can you believe that this lady joined our world 3 years ago?  I can't...


 The week before her birthday, I found her "reading" this book in bed. My initial shout to Randal was "we have a usurper!" Ha!


Little girl has developed quite a liking for all things princess themed, so for her party, the theme was given!  We had princess crowns for everyone to decorate, along with coloring pages and other fun stuff for everyone to play with!  m had a ball and, of course, loved all of the attention!


For Madison's Acts of Kindness for her birthday, I had all kinds of plans...then I was a horrible human being who let herself get overwhelmed by life and then get sick, so some of those plans got thrown out of the window! One thing that I did manage to plan was for Madison to ring the Salvation Army bell with my big brother, Marc.



They were so cute!  Madison made me hold her most of the time, but did venture out on her own for a little while.  She loved handing out the candy canes that Marc brought for the kids and and we even sang "Jingle Bells" for people for a little while to make Madison feel more at home...she'll do anything while we're singing!

 

I was proud of Madison for actually ringing the bell on her own for a bit and being a trooper even when you could tell she was a little out of her comfort zone.  And I can't even really begin to say how wonderful it was to see Marc in action as a bell-ringer.  He's done this for a couple of years and it was fun to see him do it in person.  The way the people of El Dorado responded to him and chatted with him, it was easy to see that he's loved there - made his little sister awfully proud!

For Madison's other 2 acts, that's where mommy's illness & ill-preparedness comes into play :) We took Madison out on the evening of her birthday to complete these other two tasks and did things that were quick so that we could keep her attention and really help her understand what was happening.  Mason was with us, so he even got to participate. 

He helped sister pick out a couple of toys and we donated them to Toys for Tots.


After we picked out toys at the store, we went and bought some hot chocolate and took it to a bell ringer since it was pretty chilly outside!  She was actually pretty into this and even showed off how well she had learned to ring the bell with Uncle Marc!



I'm so proud of my baby girl and how instinctly caring she is.  She is sassy through and through, but she is one of the most loving people I've ever known and I'm so very proud to be her mommy! 

Happy Birthday Madison Leigh! Love you baby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment