Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

The sweetest gift...

I love my mom.

There, I said it. Whew! Feels good to get that off my chest.

Anyone who knows me knows I love my mom. I wrote this blog about my parents a couple of years ago, but honestly, I could do a whole series on just them. My mom has been my rock through so many rough times and has laughed and rejoiced with me in all of the good ones. She's been my confidante and my mentor and my friend. She was also my personal chef, chauffeur, and maid for 18 years of my life and still takes care of me now that I'm grown and gone. She knows me better than I know myself...the good, the bad, and the ugly (even my ugly cry)....and she loves me unconditionally anyway. She encourages me and pushes me to be a better woman every day. I am so very thankful that I was blessed with such a wonderful woman to nurture me and point me towards Christ while sharing life and having fun doing it.

Don't we look good with trophies??



I can't imagine my life without her.

I am well aware of how lucky I am to have such a great mom. I am also extremely aware that I'm lucky to have my mom here at all.  I can't imagine how different a woman I would be today if I didn't have her in my life every day for the past 28 years. And that's what tugs on my heart strings when I think about the women that are blessed by Mercy for Mamas. The fact that so many children are left without their mothers to raise and love them wrecks me every time. The fact that $7 and some supplies in a plastic bag can make such a difference, but that maternal mortality and the orphan crisis are still such a problem is still hard to swallow sometimes.



I can honor my mom and care for others at the same time and so can you.

I love my mom and I love gift giving, but after 27 Mother's Days, unique gift ideas can get kind of tough. Mercy for Mamas makes it easy on you when you visit their shop here.

I love being able to get my mom a gift that means so much and that she can cherish for more than it's face value. I can spend Mother's day with my mom and give her something beautiful and she can wear it knowing that the money I spent on her can help another woman half way across the globe spend Mother's Day with her baby girl too...and it doesn't get sweeter than that...

No comments:

Post a Comment