Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

No regrets...

This obituary (here) has been going viral this week. It's incredible.  And it rings in my head with what I've been pondering anyway.

Death has been surrounding me lately...with the passing of my grandpa and of several of my friends' close loved ones, it's hard not to think long and hard about it...and about how brief our time is here.

And I just keep thinking that I don't ever want to regret not saying something...that I don't want to have to wait to memorialize someone after they're gone...that an obit shouldn't say anything that you haven't already said to a person you love and care for.

I'm pretty good about this, and thankfully am peace with knowing that my grandpa knew how much I loved him, but I've recoiled in the recent past from this and I'm determined to regain my focus on speaking my heart.

I will not give myself the chance to regret missing an opportunity...to tell someone that I care about them, that I'm thankful for them, or that I just had a heck of a time doing something incredibly stupid with them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment