Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Soccer!

Mason started soccer this week! He's been so excited to play this sport that his daddy loves so much and I was so pumped for him to finally get to play on a team! We had his first practice yesterday evening. Randal is out of town for the week, so it was just me tagging along. Mason did great and went straight out and joined his teammates and followed his coach's instructions. He was a little timid and wasn't running quite as hard as some of the other boys since he was still figuring things out, but he was getting in there and doing it!

Then came a water break...

The boys came running over to get a drink and when I said "Are you having fun?", Mason instantly burst into tears.  He managed to squeeze through his sobs "I don't want to play soccer!" My heart broke for my poor little boy...I could tell he was scared and intimidated and couldn't quite get fully on board with this until he figured things out. I managed to force him back on the field and told him he had to keep trying before he made up his mind. His coach was very sweet and let him tag along wth him until he stopped being so sad and even managed to get him to kick the ball pretty hard by the end of practice after his little crying fit.

By the end of the hour he said he had fun, but he woke up this morning telling me he didn't want to play soccer, so we'll see how his next practice goes! ha!

Madison spent her time during practice doing what she does best - being a wild child. Honestly, she should probably be the one on the field because I think once she starts sports she'll be the most aggressive child out there! She ran more than the boys did and dug in the dirt and played with a big stick, all while sporting her uber cute jeggings that she had ripped a huge hole in that day...I always said if I had a girl she had to be a tomboy and I definitely got what I asked for! She also managed to squeeze quite a bit of flirting with Mason's teammates. She would run along the field and watch to get their attention or even walk by them and say "hi boys" during their water break. I'm in trouble...period.

I spent the entire hour laughing - either at my sweet little boy who couldn't stop weeping (it's ok to admit I'm a horrible mom for laughing at my child crying, right?) or at Madison throwing dirt and flirting with boys or at the other moms who were screaming instructions to their kids like it was the NCAA championship game.  This was seriously one of the most entertaining evenings I've had in a long time, and I needed it!

Here's to the little hilarious happenings in my everyday life!

No comments:

Post a Comment