Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Open Letter Series - Part Three: Madison


Exactly two years ago we welcomed the most beautiful girl into our little family.  I waited and waited for you to arrive.  We induced labor in order to get you here.  We waited at the hospital overnight and showed little progress for hours and hours.  Then, all of the sudden, you decided you were ready and made the next 15 minutes the most painful, scary, exciting, and relieving 15 minutes the world has ever experienced!  And so sets the stage... :)

I love that you know what you want, when you want it.  And while you need to learn that sometimes you don't get it, I hope you'll keep this trait.  Remember to stick up for the things you're passionate about and not let anything take that away from you.  I pray that you'll find what you're passionate about at a young age and pursue that with the drive that only you have.  You are one of the most motivated people I know - use that for good.

I love your spunk.  You have such an adventurous spirit and you're not scared of anything. We have to constantly be on the look out for you to do the trust fall so that you don't hurt yourself.  You climb on everything and don't have to worry about keeping up with the older kids.  I can see you being a stunt double for someone someday...it would scare me, but wouldn't surprise me :) Keep enjoying life and make every day an adventure.  There's a big world out there and I know you're going to take it by storm.

You wear your heart on your sleeve like me. You love hugs and kisses and are my cuddle-bug and I love that about you. I can honestly tell you that will be hard sometimes, but don't change it.  When you're older, you'll realize how important it is to let everyone know how much you love them.  Don't ever let a day go by without making sure that people know that you care.

You're funny - you get that from your daddy.  You'll be a classic youngest child with your "class clown" tendencies and I'm ok with that.  You and your brother keep things interesting around here.  Life is hard and your humor will get you through some tough days.  I'm so glad you have that.



I pray that you'll grow old and live a good life.  I pray that you'll be happy and do what you love.  I pray that you'll know Christ as your Savior and follow where He leads you.  I pray that you'll find a man who will take good care of you, but more importantly, lead you with a heart after His.  I want nothing more for you than to start compiling a list of the names you know Him by. I can't wait to share late deep late night conversations with you about things like this.

I know you and I are bound to butt heads over the next couple of decades...we're too much alike and both way too stubborn not to have those times.  I had a great example of a mother, but I know I'll still let you down sometimes.  Always remember that I love you and would do anything for you.  No matter what we go through, you are my daughter and I am your mother.  Know that you can come to me, no matter how old you are or what the circumstance is.  Just like you come to me now when you fall down, I'll be there to pick you up when you're grown. 

Oh.  And I gave birth to you without an epidural.  Be nice to me and don't make fun of me too much when I completely lose my mind :)

I love you my precious baby girl!
~Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment