Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Prayers please!

We are in Emporia staying with Ryan & Kelli tonight...heading to KC tomorrow morning (early!). We'll drop Mason off with my friend Kim (thanks Kim!!) on our way to Mercy. Our appointment shouldn't last too long. Most of it will probably be just chatting with the dr about what we can do and what we've already done. We're not expecting a huge answer tomorrow, but at this point some little answers would be awfully nice!

I know this really isn't that big of a problem in the grand scheme of things. But when it's your little girl and you can't do anything to make it better, it's the weight of the world. I'm just hoping that Dr. Strickland can identify a cause for Madi's issue and from that, give us some sort of plan of action. I want her to just be able to be her feisty 2 year old self and not have to be bogged down by this uncomfortable problem.

Some of you have asked me how to pray tomorrow. First off, we really appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers. Please pray for calm - I know that Madison has already been scarred from some traumatic examinations and she will fight the dr tomorrow. Pray that we would be able to keep her calm and that she would not be too upset with things in the morning. Pray for the dr and for her knowledge and advice. Pray for us to really understand and ask the right questions. Pray that this period of Madison's life would be really short.

Like I said before, I realize that this issue is not that big of a deal...I know this no better then now, while I'm typing this. A family friend of ours will also be at Mercy tomorrow with their little girl who is a few months younger than Madison. They are going for a much different reason, though. Paxten has been fighting leukemia since just before Christmas last year and they are headed to Mercy for a bone marrow transplant to save their sweet little daughter's life. Please keep Pax and her parents, doctors, nurses, and family in your continued prayers over the coming weeks and months. They need this transplant to go smoothly and for Paxten's body to accept the transplant. This has been a long, hard fight and they need you to lift them up in prayer!

Thank you friends! If I've learned anything over the last few years, it's that we serve a God who can heal all wounds. I know my Healer can make life better for these two little girls tomorrow and I'm resting in that tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment