Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

30 Days of Giving - Days 1 and 2

Yesterday, I caught wind of the most exciting thing - The 30-Day Giving Challenge.  A group of women started a challenge - spend 30 days coming up with creative ways to give of your time, talents, and resources.  What a beautiful idea!  I'm overjoyed about participating, even if I did learn about it at the last minute and am a little bit nervous about coming up with 30 creative things to do! If you want to learn more, or join me, check out http://www.30daygivingchallenge.com/!

Anyway, I'll be blogging about this journey as I go and hopefully can get Randal and the kiddos involved too! 

Day 1, since it was last minute, consisted of compiling a list of ideas and trying to find something I could do so quickly.  Luckily, one fellow blogger posted a list of wonderful ideas that I will be drawing from and posted some websites that you can "give" on just by clicking to encourage advertisers to post there, so I did a few of those.  I also made Mexican Casserole for my husband, as it is his favorite meal...but I don't think that counts because I forgot how to make it and it was far from being right.  Because he is nice, he ate it anyway :)

Day 1 was also spent praying for my friend Melissa and her precious family.  They are going through the process of bringing home their beautiful little girl named Mercy and Melissa is stuck in Africa trying to get home to reunite her family.  Please join me in continuing to pray for resolution and safe (QUICK!) travels home!

Day 2 will be spent sorting and packing up clothes that don't fit post-baby me anymore :)  Surely some young professional lady will look adorable in all of my old suits, right?  This experience is so refreshing, because lately, I have not been in a place where I have felt like giving much.  It's really great how often God gives me a kick in the pants just when I need it! 

"In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, "It is more blessed to give than to receive." ~Acts 20:35

No comments:

Post a Comment