Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Days 5 & 6

Day 5 - This was a long day.  Trying to find out what was going on with grandma took up most of my day. Unfortunately there wasn't a lot of information and cell reception is not great at the hospital so most of our information back home was very sporaditic and via text.  Needless to say, we were all feeling pretty confused. We ended up talking to mom and dad for a while in the afternoon and determined it would be fine for me to go out to Joplin and see her and represent the grandkids for the weekend.  Thanks to my sister for her beautiful note on the last post, but I really don't see it as that big of a deal...I consider it a blessing and a priviledge to give grandma everyone's well wishes. 

Anyway, my giving challenge was going to be tough...I was going to be traveling for a while, so I was looking for something random that God would present me with along the way.  On the way to work in the morning, I decided to stop off at Starbucks for a little pick me up :) I decided that my giving challenge for the day would be to pay for the person behind me. Not a huge deal, I know, but hopefully it made that person's day a little bit brighter!

Day 6 has been spent at the hospital visiting grandma.  My giving was my time with God as I walked the halls for a few minutes earlier and read some prayer requests and prayed for people in the hospital.  Nothing better than carrying our burdens to Him. 

I have no idea what else God has in store for me over the next few weeks, but I'm excited for it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment